6 days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok its been six days till the heat therapy (tank had ick no fish in tank) what can i get for the ammonia just did a test and the ammonia was real high and i know what to get for the ph

don't do ANYTHING for the pH - the fish will adapt

for the ammonia do water changes - do 30% right now and another 30% in the morning if the levels are above 0.5ppm

lovefishies said:
ok its been six days till the heat therapy (tank had ick no fish in tank) what can i get for the ammonia just did a test and the ammonia was real high and i know what to get for the ph

sorry if im not upto speed but,

1. how did you know you had ich? did you have fish then they died or you QTd them?

2. ammonia... how long has tank been cycled, or has it been yet?

the fish had little looked like sugar granules on them i had to qt the whole tank the tank has been cycling since friday of last week

what happened to thew fish? if they had ich, then you should have kept them in there and used the meds on the while tank.

are you doing a cycle WITH fish? is your cycle complete? if there are still ammonia spikes then i dont think you are cycled.

to keep the ammonia down, keep doing 25-50% w/c daily bare minimum (if tank has fish). otherwise just let it be until it cycles. if you are planning to put the fish back in (while cycling) then continuous w/c are a must.

Back
Top Bottom