60 gallon long fish tank stocking bala shark questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mulishafan90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am stocking a cycled 60 gallon 4ft fish tank and I have 2 zebra danio, a dalmation molly, small crab, and a rainbow shark. I was wondering if I could put 3 bala sharks into this tank and leave it at that. Will the balas get along with the other fish? Will I have issues later due to the bala size in a 60 gallon? This might sound dumb, but could they eat my danios later on?

Also, any info on how to repair a broken heater, the glass broke on the bottom when i was putting it in.

They will outgrow a 60, they need a 125 bare minimum.

Buy a new heater.

As fish guy said the balas will get way too big for your 60g. You should look into other stock more suited to your tank.

I wouldn't use that heater at all. If there is a crack in the glass water will make it's way into the heating elements. You run the risk of electrocuting your fish and yourself. Dont risk it!

I agree with fishguy and Mumma. Balas reach over a foot, they will need more space.
Its would be best to just buy a new heater. See if the maufacturer has a replacement guarantee or something. Its not likely, but you can always try.

Yea, I didnt read the whole thread before posting... but as of now im lookin into a couple yoyos.

Back
Top Bottom