65 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loki azrial

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
how many comets should be in there? i have 4 atm, 2 golden comets at about 4-5 inches including tail 1 sarasa comet at about 3 inches including tail and 1 shubunkin at 2 inches, i also have 1 pleco in there and 2 wee chinese algea eaters, how much time will i have to save up for a larger tank before they need it? and whats the best filter for them? it doesnt have a great filter atm, but i do regular water changes and they are all happy healthy fish the 2 gold one are about 4 years old but the sarasa and shubunkin are new to me only had them a week the pleco is about a year old i think, how big a tank should i be expecting to get? i really wanna make it paradise for them, oh and to make it clear i dont plan on putting anymore fish in the tank :)

loki xxx

Honestly? The sooner you can upgrade, the better. You may even want to consider putting a backyard pond in rather than upgrading your tank but its just something to think about as well. If you really wanted to do a bigger tank, I would look into something in the 200-300g range. I dont know how big CAEs grow but if your pleco is a common, they get huge! Good luck!

I would if I could have a pond for them but I live in a flat so its not an option for me, they still have a bit of room atm but my gold ones r growing fast, (doug) the pleco isnt growing to fast but I defo see a change in size, I was told the Chinese algea eaters wouldn't grow all that big they are only about just over an inch maybe in size, I know I'm gonna have to seperate them soon tho coz I think the goldies might start tryin to eat them lol but there's harmony in the tank atm they all like each other

loki xxx

I'd recommend getting two 6 ft tanks so they have room to swim

Back
Top Bottom