65g angel tank (first spawning)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
also what about this for substrate mix :
eco-complete plant
flourite
and flora base- maintains a stable ph between 6.5 to 7.0

and here is my plants. please tell me what you think.

mirco sword x 4
anubius nana x2
red crypto x2
rad marble queen
dwarf sag x3
jap dwarf rush x3
ozelot sword
red rubin- maybe 2 or three for color
amazon sword
ruffle plant

thats 20 + plants

here are fish ideas:
2 Marble veil angels
2 Black veil angels
2 Silver zebra angels
1 redtail shark
2 or 3 angelicus botia loach
Thinking about Pearl Gourami?? Would this be okay in tank with these other fish??
That is 52 inches of fish in 65g.
Please inform us of what you think.

I'd put the pearl gourami in before the angels. But maybe that many angels won't mess with the gourami. Pearls, so far as I've read, are the ones generally on the receiving end of the harassment. The loaches will mostly ignore the other fish and stay on/near the bottom. I have seen one of my angelicus loaches swim around a big angel once but it seemd like an isolated event. The loaches like hiding places so make sure you have got places for them to hide. I'm gonna try to get my pics of mine up sometime. I wish I had a 65 gallon tank. :mrgreen:

I don't have an opinion about the shark. They are often mean.

zilla, I've got to compliment you on asking all of the right questions beforehand rather than rushing into things, you're definitely doing it the right way :)

I can't comment on the fish too much because my experience is almost completely with African cichlids. I agree with Malkore that Yellow Labs and Ps. acei will get along better than most Africans in a mixed community environment, but like Mattrox said, make sure your water conditions work for all of your fish.

As to the substrate mix (Eco-Complete and Flourite) I've got some of both mixed in my tank right now and the Flourite does tone down the black of the EC somewhat, although my substrate is almost completely covered as it is and I rarely see it :p

Your plant selection looks great for a medium light tank. I didn't catch if you were using CO2? I can highly recommend it. It helps make things so much easier as far as dealing with algae and keeping your plants healthy, but isn't necessary unless you go above 2 wpg and want to raise certain species of plants that require it.

I'm anxious to see this tank come together :D

yes, CO2 is going to be in the tank because i trying to go with a 2 to 2.5 wpg. just trying to find the right hood to give me that and i want lunar light setup with the hood.

ok here are the pic of the tank

Attachments

• imgp2483.jpg
    imgp2483.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 80
  • imgp2485.jpg
    imgp2485.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 54
Gee whiz! You changed your avatar Jchillin! This new one threw me off. I hope my inquiry about copyright infringement didn't sway you! :lol:

here is some new pics of tank with background and the driftwood

Attachments

• imgp2518.jpg
    imgp2518.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 43
  • imgp2516.jpg
    imgp2516.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 78
tank is cycling and by the way if anyone out there is looking at buying flora base it turns into mud so make sure you put it on the bottom of all your gravel.

so what kind of other fish would yellow lab's be compatible with? I didn't know you could keep them with non-cichlid fish

i got my plants today and tank is starting to look great. i will have pic soon hopefully , and fish should be in the tank by the end of this month.

i got my fish in the tank and they are doing great. 4 zebra loach, 4 flying foxes, 4 silver zebra angels, and 4 marble veil angels. plants are coming along slowly.

Back
Top Bottom