72 Gallon Bowfront Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ordered the odyssea t5ho deluxe 4 bulb unit today. Hopefully it gets me by for a year or two. I'm sure I'll have to get new bulbs for it, but trying not to right away. I know it's a get what you pay for scenario so I fully understand what I am getting.

Ive been testing my ammonia levels but I'm wondering why my ammonia test is cloudy. I used the same bottle tonight on my freshwater tank and it's clear.

Got Enkamat from Glass-holes.com in the mail today. It really helped to quiet down the overflow. I think it did a wonderful job. I'll proabably end up getting spa flex when I can afford it. It's on the bottom of the list for now, but should almost eliminate any water sounds.

also have my Koralia 3 in there now, I just got the replacement washers for the impeller today. So it's in there along with the K4.

Live rock comes tomorrow. Along with uniseals and a marineland pump for my salt mixing station.

Light should be here Friday.

Tank is on it's way to cycling. Light should be here today.

Working on my water storage lastnight. I just need some clear tube for the pump output so I can close the loop on the salt barrel and circulate it.

Untitled by iadubber, on Flickr

Yes those tables held just fine with the barrels full of water for a week.

iadubber said:
Cycle is moving. Ammonia was .25, trites were 5+, and trates were 80.

nitrites 0 ammonia 0 tonight! looks like we are almost there! I'll give it another couple days of ammonia dosing to make sure.

Well, went to the LFS yesterday and picked up some food, a pair of Clowns, a Coral Beauty Angelfish, and a small CUC. The guy threw in a small head hammer coral to give a try.

All in all, I hate this tank now. I can't get a good picture for anything with the curved front glass. Nothing is sharp. I might look for a standard RR 75g and move all this over to that.

Anyways, here's some pics that I did get.

The bigger of the two clowns. These were both TR so I hope the colors start to pop more with a better diet and home.

IMG_1376 by iadubber, on Flickr

IMG_1339 by iadubber, on Flickr

Smaller one:

IMG_1374 by iadubber, on Flickr

Small purple tip hammer frag:

IMG_1386 by iadubber, on Flickr

IMG_1366 by iadubber, on Flickr

Coral Beauty:

IMG_1392 by iadubber, on Flickr

IMG_1389 by iadubber, on Flickr

You are the second person I've heard that doesn't like their bow front. I think I will avoid purchasing one.

I have a bow front and love it, I find that you get a better picture if you go up close to the glass with the camera and auto focus!

I have a bow front and love it, I find that you get a better picture if you go up close to the glass with the camera and auto focus!

I have no problems in with my 55 FW taking photos with my Canon 5D, extension tubes, and off camera flash. I have to be so close to the curved glass on the bow front that it distorts the image to badly. Sucks, but I'll just have to live with it for now until I can get a 100-160mm macro lens.

Back
Top Bottom