75 gallon BUILD! -Heera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cabezon said:
The stand is fine. People tend to overbuild (me included).

As far as price goes, I got 2 70s for free. a 55 with stand and sump for free, and just recently a 125 with stand for... free.

Join your local reef club.

Where did u get them for free.....:) nice

Well, one gentleman was moving and not taking his 150 with him. Anothr gentleman wanted he 150 for a sump because it wasn't drilled, but had a 125 that he wouldn't need. I took the 125 off his hands for him.

I was busy in a wedding.
So didn't get any time to set up the tank.

But watched " how to reef aquarium maintance daily " by newyourksteelo

He says he have not done water change in a month. I would love that...:)

Any suggestions on which sealant to use for my stand?

Don't want saltgetting in there at all.

I will be sealing the corners with silicon so ever if the sump overflow water will stay inside the stand and not on floor.

I went to home depot today they told me to use outdoor paint with meldew remover.

Now I have to decide on the colour. Now it's cofee stained.

Any ideas 

Doing water test no leaks yet. :)

Do I have to leave the water in for some time to be sure or just fill it and emplty it?

Attachments

• image-4011520278.jpg
    image-4011520278.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 84
Is that enough waterflow for a 75 gallon?
Lol :)
One side GP-6000 other side 2 rio 1200's

Lol awesomd

bowing is the act of something bending under extreme weight. when you fill a tank with water, the longer front and back sides will want to bend outwards from the weight of the water pushing against the glass...its more obvious on the longer tanks but still happens to every tank.

and yes one ph is sufficient turnover for your 20g

huma-huma said:
bowing is the act of something bending under extreme weight. when you fill a tank with water, the longer front and back sides will want to bend outwards from the weight of the water pushing against the glass...its more obvious on the longer tanks but still happens to every tank.

and yes one ph is sufficient turnover for your 20g

20gallon ???
It's 90 gallon lol.

id use a piece of string..line it up to the front most edge and tape it on the side..then pull tight across the tank and line up with the frontmost edge on the opposite side and tape...then look at the middle to see if the tank is bowing outwards

huma-huma said:
id use a piece of string..line it up to the front most edge and tape it on the side..then pull tight across the tank and line up with the frontmost edge on the opposite side and tape...then look at the middle to see if the tank is bowing outwards

Thanks I will try that

Back
Top Bottom