75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelfish56

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In a recent thread I said I had to get rid of the 56 gallon and I got a 75 I what it to be a Cichlid tank I want black convict keyhole firemouth and a blue ram any thing else that will work

Hold on, convicts and firemouths are aggressive African cichlids, that don't work in a tank with keyholes and rams, which are peaceful south Africans. So first let's decide, aggressive cichlid tank, or peaceful cichlid tank/community tank.

A peaceful one and also I read something that said firemouths can be peaceful and live in a community tank

You could get a good egg, but African cichlids need higher water temperatures then south African.

Isn't there a middle ground for temp like 80 or 82 for them I've seen people do it before

Ok i wont mix them and if it's a south american tank would angelfish be ok and what others could I put in the tank

Yes, angels are the exception. If introduced young with small fish, they work great in peaceful community tanks. The exception doesn't apply however if you plan to breed. In that case they almost need a tank by themselves! As for others, apistos and kribensis are the two I can think of off the top of my head. Do some research though for more options.

I'm not planing to but there is four of the angelfish so they mite but I don't want to breed them now

See if they pair off. If they all pair off, put each pair in it's own tank, but if you have a few leftover, introduce one to the 75. You could try a pair in the 75 if you'd like, just remember that most all cichlids become aggressive during breeding, and I'd suggest a maximum of 3 breeding pairs of anything cichlid like in that tank. This includes both rams and keyholes, along with apistos and kribensis.

So I could get 4 rams and keyholes and my angels and some other fish that won't fit in their mouth oh and what about kribersis

Hold on now... None of these fish are africans. It's a bad combo IMO though. Rams and keyholes are much less aggressive than convicts. Firemouths are kind of up in the air. I think a pair of rams and a pair of angels would work with some tetras and other community fish.

Like other Cichlids that would work like firemouths or something

Ok but what size fish would be ok that wouldn't fit in their mouth oh and what's the rule for them since inch per gallon doesn't work

There is no rule. You basically have to figure out what you want, then adjust. So if you go with a pair of angels, and a pair of rams, that leaves you with a lot of options. You can easily do a group of cories, two schools of tetras (bigger tetras, neons and cardinals would be snacks), and a dwarf pleco. That's just how I would set my tank up. There may be other fish you want though, so if you can put up a list, we can tell you what would work. I honestly don't suggest you putting any other cichlids in though.

Back
Top Bottom