75 gallons!!! Yay!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bartlette

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i posted a thread a few dats ago about a 55 gallon tank i was in the process of buying. It was found on craigslist and it was a great deal. I had to wait a while longer than expected because the guy was getting married. Then, when we were preparing to go get it tomorrow (Friday) the guy said his new wife said he cant sell it!!!! Just another reason never to get married IMO LoL!!

So anyway, I'm now going to purchase a 75 gallon, hopefully this doesn't end up being the THIRD time people pull back their offer...

Its the whole deal, heaters, SunSun canister filter, lights, and i will make it a naturalistic environment, essentially making it a bigger version of what i was going to buy before.

So im just looking for 2 fish to go in it. My needs have changed a bit. I want to make use of the wider tank and get fish that are a bit bigger. Im not a huge fan of most Veija, except maybe Argentea. I was thinkin about a Snypspilum and something else? Maybe a Red Devil/Midas? I dont want Oscar or Texas or Severum or Demoseys or Green Terror. And no Angels or dwarfs!!! Or Geophagus!! I like the Festae, Snypspilum, RD, Midas, Jaguar... Big and mean. I want to just do 2 fish, with a tank that is mostly divided along the middle with plants and driftwood and has caves on either end. I want them to have a shot at working. As long as they are relatively common i should be able to get them. Also, if you have a suggestion for a community of aggressive-ish fish then you can suggest it. Hybrids are ok with me too.

Thanks for any and all help!! ??

Sent from a cave in the eastward side o a sand dune.

Also, the tank comes with a bunch of fish... Silver arowana, peocock bass, zig-zag eel, tire track eel, shovel-nose catfish, and 3 bichirs. So if you think what I'm asking is ridiculous look at what this person had in there... ?

I WILL be selling everyone of them to a good LFS that will take care of them or rehome them...

However with the credit this gets me i should be able to afford the majority of fish that they have at that store... And they have a decent selection of SA/CA cichlids.

Upon doing more research i decided that a snypspilum isn't the fish for me. What i really want to do is have a Midas with something else. If that isn't possible, then any recommendations for 2 larger fish in the 75 will work.

Also a snyodontis will be in there as a clean-up crew

Thanks!!

With the species you're listing, you're looking at a single fish in a 75, with MAYBE a medium sized catfish species. A fish like a Midas, red devil, festae, etc will generally not tolerate tank mates in a tank of that size.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ya... Ive not updated the thread on my decisions but thise three as well as snypspilum are out... And oscars are in!! Any suggestions?

Ok... Idk if a thread can be "ended" but I've realized that big fish are cool, but considering i can only have one maybe two its not for me... If only i was rich enough to buy bigger... I posted a new thread about what i would like to do to hopefully allow me more fish.

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom