75g DIY Stand_Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Thanks for any information ahead of time and thanks for this great community.

I'm new at the whole large aquarium, I loved my 30g so I figured lets get a 75g.. little did I pay attention to the surface of my stand, Its a 3/4 inch piece of plywood now two pieces, nice flat piece over one that is not so flat.

Long story short I can slide a corner of a piece of paper under the front rim of the tank (along most of it), it does have a rim on it and the two sides are supported very well. I keep finding 100 different opinions on if this is an issue and will the seems just bust one day. I just would like to hear from some one who knows about tank support.

All four corners make contact and both sides as well.

If you are talking about printer paper IMO I don't see a problem, put a layer or two of cabinet padding between the stand and tank if your worried.

Thanks Watson, it is just one piece of copy paper.

tough to say without really seeing whats up. Is the tank level even though that corner is "floating"? Its probably fine......but obviously could be better! I like to use a sheet of sytrofoam (or even thick posterboard/oaktag/foam board) under my tanks to help with slight unevenness like this. Some people suggest using a yoga mat or something like that too.

I have a yoga mat here actually hmmm. I did level it from front to back perfectly, now left to right its about 2/16 of an inch higher on the right, very subtle. I think its level enough. Next water change I'll probably add that mat thought. just for comfort.

Back
Top Bottom