75g Planted Cory Tank Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the tank is decently planted I would t even bother vacuuming.

I don't vacuum any of my planted tanks unless there is something obvious to clean up. It all just becomes plant fertilizer.

Caleb

If the tank is decently planted I would t even bother vacuuming.

I don't vacuum any of my planted tanks unless there is something obvious to clean up. It all just becomes plant fertilizer.

Caleb
Me neither though I admit I was a little hesitant not to when I started my first planted tank. I do an occasional rescape of wood and try and siphon off the stuff on top of the eco that collects around the base of the dw but other than that I don't disturb it too much. Just 25% wc every 2 weeks and my water quality stays where i want it. Good to know I'm doing something right ....wooot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I like pool filter sand better than the play sand. You hardly have to rinse pfs and with play sand you really have to rinse it a lot. Water is expensive where I live so the few dollars more I paid for not cleaning pfs was worth it. It seems to not compact so much either. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I jut did my tank half sand half black gravel. Have you considered one half sand, one half ecocomplete? I think it gives it a sweet look to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I jut did my tank half sand half black gravel. Have you considered one half sand, one half ecocomplete? I think it gives it a sweet look to it.

Something to consider. I'm still working on the aquascaping plan but that might be a nice look if done right. Did you do a definite line between the two or is it a gradual transition?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I did a definite line, but I notice it is becoming a gradual transition the way the Cory dig in it! I might go back and try to fix it, but not until I move

I use pool filter sand, currently have 13 peppered Cory's and adding 17 more in about 2 weeks when my fry is big enough. I raising about 70 fry is a 10g as well that I have raised from eggs.

I use pool filter sand is both tanks. My Cory's love this stuff. Something to keep in mind is Cory's sift through the sand. Passing it through their gill area. If you using larger or slightly sharp pieces of substrate it would not be ideal.

I use pool filter sand, currently have 13 peppered Cory's and adding 17 more in about 2 weeks when my fry is big enough. I raising about 70 fry is a 10g as well that I have raised from eggs.

I use pool filter sand is both tanks. My Cory's love this stuff. Something to keep in mind is Cory's sift through the sand. Passing it through their gill area. If you using larger or slightly sharp pieces of substrate it would not be ideal.

Yeah mine love that stuff!! Just sifting it through there mouth and then the sand come right out their gills!!!

Back
Top Bottom