75g reef tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 1 clam and 1 cleaner shrimp - They are on opposite sides of my tank but even when the shrimp wanders off his station he never goes near the clam.

okay thanks. i've seen a lot of posts on it, but many say it was probably due to the clam already being unwell and the shrimp was just getting the dead tissue.

Purchased a jumbo blue green chromis. Never seen one this big. Probably close to four inches

Edit: after researching it some I realized this must be a black axil chromis. They had it labeled as Jumbo blue/green chromis. The guy at the LFS however did know that these guys were only from fiji.

2lxcme1.jpg

doesn't show off his size.. but here's a photo.

I added a skunk cleaner shrimp. If I want another one down the road will that be safe to add? I know they can pair up, but will there be any issues since one will be established already?

Thanks in advance.

Great question - I was thinking of doing the same. I always forgot to post this question so Im interested as well. I wouldn't think it would be an issue. They are not very aggressive.

Great question - I was thinking of doing the same. I always forgot to post this question so Im interested as well. I wouldn't think it would be an issue. They are not very aggressive.

I think so as well, but I've heard that if you get a group, you'll end up with two. Must be some species aggression.

I think so as well, but I've heard that if you get a group, you'll end up with two. Must be some species aggression.

Most likely. I've seen two cleaners in a lot of tanks Ive looked at on this forum, not sure if they were introduced together or not. I'm adding another one this upcoming weekend if it's a go.

Most likely. I've seen two cleaners in a lot of tanks Ive looked at on this forum, not sure if they were introduced together or not. I'm adding another one this upcoming weekend if it's a go.

Cool. Let me know how it goes if so

I have two cleaner shrimp and they were added about 9 months apart. Also I've added multiple other shrimps with no problems. My cleaners actually bred few weeks after adding the second one.

I have two cleaner shrimp and they were added about 9 months apart. Also I've added multiple other shrimps with no problems. My cleaners actually bred few weeks after adding the second one.

Awesome just what I was looking for. Thanks

sweet! good news for us lol. I'll be adding my 2nd cleaner this weekend. I was actually thining of getting one a little smaller because the one I have now is a little larger just to see how fast he grows. Should I aim for the same size or does it not matter?

sweet! good news for us lol. I'll be adding my 2nd cleaner this weekend. I was actually thining of getting one a little smaller because the one I have now is a little larger just to see how fast he grows. Should I aim for the same size or does it not matter?

Idk if the size will matter as much as how big a tank is. The second cleaner I added was about one third the size of the first, and now he is about half as big.

Attachments

• image-3961841420.jpg
    image-3961841420.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 98
  • image-1569149639.jpg
    image-1569149639.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 98
  • image-1544270396.jpg
    image-1544270396.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 102
  • image-3314009322.jpg
    image-3314009322.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 96
thanks for sharing keith, nice tank.

here's a couple new pics, just playin around with the camera

5mpw2.jpg

28am9mb.jpg

So, with my lighting upgrade and my starting to grow corals coming next month, I'm starting to think about power outages. My home is in a suburb/slightly country area so when the power goes out for anything major (hurricanes and things of the sort) it can be out for a couple days. This isn't typical but I want to be prepared.

I'm sure a generator would be best. Any recommendations without breaking the bank? Any types of battery backups that would work?

Thanks.

When it comes to generators, you only need as big as what you want it to accomplish. A 6000 watt generator will run about 650 bucks and has enough power to keep some of your house going. Including heater and fish tank. Or you can get an 850 or so watt generator for 100-150 bucks and run just your fish tank. And maybe a heater.

I'd shoot for 1200 to be safe. I use a 6500 and just keep it plugged in to the house. And use the breakers to control power consumption.

thanks for the advice. I'm a college student, still at home so i'm not really interested in running the whole house on one. Just my tank :]

Back
Top Bottom