90 gallon build/rebuild.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had to tweak the plumbing so I won't be ready for water until tomorrow afternoon because I have to let the glue cure.

I am off to petsmart to get some more sand and filter media. When I get back I'll start prepping the trim and plumbing to be painted.

* insert string of swearwords here* so after spending the last several hours setting up my tank, the filters don't appear to be working and I have no clue what is going on I am ready to drain this whole thing and throw it out on the street.

Can you throw it out on my street perhaps?

Seriously though... without reading back through 13 pages of threads... what kind of filters are they? What's not working, are they just not pumping?

Everything is working now, the water just needs to clear up. Drookie I am running a Fluval 305, Eheim 2217 and I hung my Penn-plax cascade 1000 on the front to help clear the water faster. The Fluval wouldn't prime and was giving me some issues.

Ahh, the easy way to prime it (for future reference if it becomes un-primed) is to suck on the intake tube and get it flowing first, shut it off, hook it up, and let it prime itself.

mfdrookie516 said:
Ahh, the easy way to prime it (for future reference if it becomes un-primed) is to suck on the intake tube and get it flowing first, shut it off, hook it up, and let it prime itself.

That's what I normally do but with my set up it's kinda hard to do.

lets some pics now that you have water in there. glad to hear things started flowing, would be a shame to throw it out after so much work. ive got mine filled and im about to post pics on my thread.

lets some pics now that you have water in there. glad to hear things started flowing, would be a shame to throw it out after so much work. ive got mine filled and im about to post pics on my thread.

Ill post some pictures after the water clears, I added some of the white cichlid sand and it clouded up something fierce.

i used playsand and mine clouded up big time aswell. for some reason it wouldnt clear for me. after a water change it was still cloudy but that seemed to be the catalyst since afterwards it has cleared up.

Yea I washed mine for like 30 mins, I have a feeling I'll have to do a couple of water changes to clear it up. I also have 3 filters running so that should help.

Still a little cloudy after 24 hours, did a 50% water change hopefully stuff will look better in the AM.

Attachments

• image-1222354604.jpg
    image-1222354604.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 143
Tank looked allot clearer today after I did a 50% PWC and added floss to all my filters. Is it possible my lighting is making my water look cloudier than it really is? I am also getting a film that looks like dust ontop of my water, so I put in a bubbler to help break the surface of the water and that seemed to help. I don't want to keep keep that thing in there hopefully it goes away.

ARGH! :banghead:

After finally getting the water almost 100% cleared up i noticed that there is a pretty good sized crack in one of the rocks towards the bottom, which means i have to drain and dry the tank to repair the crack to seal it. unless someone has an idea how to fix it with out doing this. its about a good 4 inches long.

I am about ready to give up on this stupid tank.

Back
Top Bottom