90 gallon tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stang23456

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok. I want to start my 90 with American cichlids: what should I add ?

Fire mouth cichlids, jack dempseys, and convicts are some of my favorite South and central American cichlids. They are options for your tank.

I have all those in my 75. I really want to do a red terror / devil tank

Don't think you'll have much luck with both those species in a 90.Sounds like a bloodbath waiting to happen.

big x2, from what ive read, its a crime scene in waiting.

i would stick with mbuna and cobue, maybe some bristlenose pleco, or clown loaches, all very pretty fish, and wont murder eachother.

I really wanna do a red terror tank. Anything that will go with ? I don't wanna just have one fish

I really wanna do a red terror tank. Anything that will go with ? I don't wanna just have one fish

nothing, the minimum tank size is 125g for 1 red terror,
they max out around 16" and tolerate nothing, especially tank mates!

nothing, the minimum tank size is 125g for 1 red terror,
they max out around 16" and tolerate nothing, especially tank mates!

Males reach about 12" and females smaller but you couldn't keep a pair unless you used a divider.You could do one red Terror with maybe some silver Dollars and a couple of Convicts.Maybe a bristlenosed Pleco too.

Do the same tank and tank mate specs go for green terrors, just curious as I plan on a larger tank incl. GT, JD, 1 oscar.. someday.. would they work, if so.. what size? sorry to hijack ur post!

Would a red devil be better than a terror with others ?

No, in that sized tank it would be a single wet pet...no tankmates. Even in a 150g my Festae was killing other fish. Look for a larger tank or look into smaller genus of fish such as Cryptoheros. We advised you in your other thread, the answer will not change no matter how many time you ask the question.

Ok. I'm going to just add a large red terror or devil. Which will do better on its own ?

Ok. From what everyone says that my only option to have them alone

RD have more personality IMO. Amphilophis lab/crit are among the most personable fish you can keep. Very owner responsive. Not to mention the BIG attitudes they have at 12+"

My RD started glass banging around 6" and never looked back. He would flair and charge the glass by like 2-3" but as far as teeth scrapping and biting me was roughly 6".

At 11.5" he would put a pretty nasty bite down if I stopped paying attention during a WC.

IMO they are the best "wet pet" you could ask for.

Yeah just wish they could be mixed with others. IMO hate to have a 90 tank with one fish

Back
Top Bottom