A couple of my fish have ick, Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjcatlin

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of my parrots and my clown loach both have ick. Could it possibly kill the other fish? I'm on the second round of Cure-Ick. Do I need to remove them from the tank.

Since they are all in the same tank, removing them won't help. They have been exposed as well, so might was well treat them all.

However, be careful using ich cures with fish like loaches. They are considered sensitive and don't handle most ich cures well.

" Disease: Clown loaches catch ich at the drop of a hat. Plan on it, whether you own a hat or not. Give them a half-strength dose of ich cure when you take yours home. Any kind of stress puts out the welcome mat for the neighborhood ich germs. When using any medications, use them carefully. The clown loaches’ sensitive skin makes them susceptible to most dye treatments."

Your New Clown Loach                  Info from Aqualand Pets Plus on Botia macracanthus

One of my parrots and my clown loach both have ick. Could it possibly kill the other fish? I'm on the second round of Cure-Ick. Do I need to remove them from the tank.

few of my fish and both plecos had ich when i brought the plecos home think 1 them past it on i put my temp up every couple hours few degree at a time till you reach 30c or 86f leave it there 4 over 2 wks and all mine had cleared up coz ich cant live at 30c. just keep an eye on your fish mine were all ok and servived the extra heat. but like dragonfish says avoid clown loach as prone to ich even in shops there full of ich

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, it was a little too late for the clown loach. He has past on.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, it was a little too late for the clown loach. He has past on.

sorry to hear about your fish but i would still up the temp like a said ti make sure you kill of the ich do 2 degree each hour or so till reach 86f leave it 3 wks to be safe all my fish handled the temp change its safest way without using chemicals worked for me

good luck

Back
Top Bottom