A cycled tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aprlshwrs

Aquarium Advice Regular
My 29g is officially cycled! Thank goodness! Now...what plants to put in it. I have a low light setup and I'll probably be dosing with Seachem. Any suggestions? As you may be able to see in the pic...I have a pH of 8.2. My water is definitely hard. I was thinking about some java fern and I also wanted some java moss. What else would work, keeping in mind that this a low light tank with no Co2 dosing...as of yet.

Also, I want to start moving some of my fish to this tank ASAP. I now have over 50 platy fry in my 10g. I'll probably start moving them tomorrow. It'll be nice to free up some space...before I sell or give away some of them.

Attachments

• image-2498606044.jpg
    image-2498606044.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 61
Actually...if anyone can look at the pH reading...does it look like 8.2 or 7.4? I'm having a hard time deciphering it. Usually, my readings are 8.2. Does cycling the tank sometimes change the pH reading? Or...I did do a massive water change a couple of hours ago to bring down the nitrates. Am I just reading the air in the water and will it go back up to 8.2?

Yeah...it's looking more like 7.4. I think I'm going to wait a couple of days before I put anything in the tank to see if the pH changes. I've never gotten a 7.4 reading since I've started keeping aquariums here.

Back
Top Bottom