a few questions regarding upgrading my tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hyperionsnail

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So i’m planning on upgrading my 10gallon tank to a 30gallon i have soon!
my current stock is:
1 doubletail betta splended
5 neon tetras(adding 2-3 more with upgrade)
1 giant golden rabbit snail
2 Malaysian trumpet snails
1 pond snail

My first question is would it be safe to add kuhli loaches into the community awhile after i move them? and if so, how many could i safely add?

Secondly, would a sponge filter work for this tank? or any recommendations for HOB filters?

and finally, would a mixture of carbisea sunset gold and moonlight sand work fine for the tank? i know the sunset gold is slightly bigger but i was hoping it wouldn’t be such a big difference that it would majorly separate

My first question is would it be safe to add kuhli loaches into the community awhile after i move them? and if so, how many could i safely add?

If you were to add 5 Kuhli loaches, your tank would still be only about half capacity.
Click here to see your Estimated Tank Stocking Guide

Secondly, would a sponge filter work for this tank? or any recommendations for HOB filters?

Something like a Lustar Hydro-Sponge 3 would probably work. I would recommend an Aquaclear 50 as a HOB. The combination of the 2 would give you excellent filtration.

and finally, would a mixture of carbisea sunset gold and moonlight sand work fine for the tank? i know the sunset gold is slightly bigger but i was hoping it wouldn’t be such a big difference that it would majorly separate

No clue on that one.

Back
Top Bottom