a friend of ours fish just had babies...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newcomer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Now the fun part what do i feed them, and can i put them into my community tank? Or Will my fat fish eat them?

What kind of fish are the babies, and what kind of fish are in your community tank?

dalmations platy's I think.. I have a guppy and a platy and a barb....betta on the other 1/3 of the tank....don't ask why..

Depending upon how large the fry are, and they might be of a decent size if they are platys, they will probably be okay, though the betta and the barb might be a danger if they are really tiny. Provide plenty of cover for the fry and crush up flake for them. Some platy breeders can step in here anytime... :wink:

Tank Girl is right on track. a good rule of thumb is: the fry are ready to be introduced in the main tank when the smallest fry will not fit in the largest fish's mouth. That will keep them from being eaten. I would definately have plenty of plants or other hiding places in the tank to protect the fry while they are still small and feed them crushed flake food. The fry know better than we do when it is safe to venture freely in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom