A Good Deal? + Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RCShevalier

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Everyone,

I am hoping to get back into the hobby after a significant time away. I have found a potential purchase on Kijiji and was wondering what you guys think about the deal. (Prices are in Canadian dollars). You can see the tank here: 30 Gallon Hagen Fish Tank with Stand and Accessories | fish for sale | Barrie | Kijiji

I am hoping to go the live plant route and was wondering if the lighting in this tank will need to be improved. If so, what will that involve?

img_3289921_0_aded3f05eb8184e77ad2bc78fa039b97.jpg
[/URL]

img_3289921_1_af0ee2f2394c799cfb57e35775aed299.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks for any help,
Ryan

I don't know the currency difference between American and Canadian dollars but all that stuff looks pretty new. It would probably break even in American money. IMO you could find a better deal.

Caleb

That's like $115-ish USD.

Unless it's incredibly cheap I avoid kits and packages because I'd end up upgrading the filter, not be happy with something else, and get things I wouldn't use. That's just me though :rolleyes:

I lived in Barrie a while ago: is there still a Petsmart? Not sure if it's the same in Canada but here they do a $1/gallon sale once or twice a year.

That's like $115-ish USD.

Unless it's incredibly cheap I avoid kits and packages because I'd end up upgrading the filter, not be happy with something else, and get things I wouldn't use. That's just me though :rolleyes:

I lived in Barrie a while ago: is there still a Petsmart? Not sure if it's the same in Canada but here they do a $1/gallon sale once or twice a year.

Same here.

Most of the little Tetra filters are junk anyway and break in a few months. I haven't had good luck with marineland HOB either.

I'd find a cheap tank, stand, and possible lighting then the rest of the equipment you get yourself.

Caleb

Thanks for the input. The tank sold today so it is no longer an option anyways. Back to searching.

Back
Top Bottom