A little peak at the lfs I go to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're right about highly adaptable. In fact, they are among the fish known to gulp air at the surface due to low oxygen in their natural habitat, so they can survive in warm low-oxygen water. But they do prefer cooler water and aren't really adapted to long-term life in tropical temperatures. Keeping them in warmer water significantly reduces their lifespan. It's good that you've had one in tropical water for a year, but some people have also successfully had multiple male bettas in the same tank. Working in one situation doesn't necessarily make it a good idea.

In any case, 77 is the highest temperature I would keep one in; LOL lists their temperature range from 50-77. But african cichlids and botia loaches prefer it a little warmer than that.

IMO keeping multiple Betta in a tank isn't a bad idea as long as they aren't fighting a lot or injuring each other. It is odd and it really isn't recommended to try, but it isn't a bad idea for those specifics fish. For other fish it would be an awful idea. That isn't really the best example, IMO, because it relies on the attitude of an individual, which is a very varying variable. (Tongue twister?)

I think as long as the fish is living healthily, and to the best of our knowledge happily, and it is pleasing to its owner, then it isn't a problem. It becomes an issue when the fish is clearly bad-off. The fish doesn't necessarily care, it doesn't know its lifespan is shorter. Thats just for us to think about. I would be fine keeping it however i wanted up to the point of its quality of life being decreased.

:)

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Saw a video today of someone with 2 angels frontosa and an oscar in the same tank..... awful stocking!

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Saw a video today of someone with 2 angels frontosa and an oscar in the same tank..... awful stocking!

Lots of them! Went to a Chinese food restaurant with 15 parrots in a 40 tall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He finally came out for a photo op :)

Attachments

• 1442879001401.jpg
    1442879001401.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 56
I was asking because one of my lfs has an 8 incher

I went to this paint Store last summer. They had a 120 gal front and center.. about 27374 generations of cons, 2 hugeeee common plecos, a 10+ " bala and........ and parrot that was literally (zero exaggeration here) the size of a nerf football. Thing was fat and round and it actually looked pretty healthy! Than a common took a huge dump right on its head and it just chilled with the doodoo hat for a minute.. guess they get smarter with age??

I went to this paint Store last summer. They had a 120 gal front and center.. about 27374 generations of cons, 2 hugeeee common plecos, a 10+ " bala and........ and parrot that was literally (zero exaggeration here) the size of a nerf football. Thing was fat and round and it actually looked pretty healthy! Than a common took a huge dump right on its head and it just chilled with the doodoo hat for a minute.. guess they get smarter with age??

Reading this made me laugh lol!!

Closer shot.

Attachments

• 1442879439617.jpg
    1442879439617.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 59
He is pretty!

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

He is! Or she... I can't tell lol, it's the most unique pleco I've ever had. I was wondering if a royal puts out more load than a common pleco.

Probably nearly the same... But they also clean off the wood, which is good.

On a side note, one of my fronts postured up to another front and changed brown right before my eyes! Like an octopus, haven't seen that before ...then it changed back in like 3 seconds.

I know I haven't posted video on lfs but I plan to do so tomorrow possibly.

Went to the lfs today, they have blue damsels for 4 dollars.anyway I switched out my big rocks for black gravel, I'll post a pic in a bit.

Some pics of the new gravel, I think it looks better.

Attachments

• 1443926089100.jpg
    1443926089100.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 1443926117141.jpg
    1443926117141.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 1443926146621.jpg
    1443926146621.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 69
Good or bad I'll take advice, I need to optimize my tank.

Back
Top Bottom