A made a mistake..need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breakthecycle2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went to do a water change in my biocube and I added Kent super buffer to the water. Well, when I poured into the tank, it made the tank instant milk. I did another water change and the water cleared up, but now, I have all this hard film on the glass that I cannot get off. Has this happened to any of you? Any thoughts on how I could clean it?

I've used kent buffer before, but never had that problem. I'm interested in the answer too.

I went to do a water change in my biocube and I added Kent super buffer to the water. Well, when I poured into the tank, it made the tank instant milk. I did another water change and the water cleared up, but now, I have all this hard film on the glass that I cannot get off. Has this happened to any of you? Any thoughts on how I could clean it?

Sounds like you added a bit too much and it caused the calcium to precipitate out. I would test your calcium and alkalinity to find out where you stand and perform water changes in order to get your parameters back in order. As far as the hard film on the glass, break out a scraper...

Back
Top Bottom