a real stumper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zebulon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey fish friends I'm new i just made an account ... i have a question iv been trying to research with no answers. i have a 55 gal planted tank and it recently has had an outbreak of what i believe to be some type of fungus? theres hundreds of little white dots about the size of a pinhead, but they are only on my driftwood and petrified wood. none on my fish or gravel or glass, and its been at least a few weeks since i first noticed it.... it arrived shortly after this algae/blackbeard hair bloom I'm still battling. iv drastically cut the hair algae down from what it was but there are still small tufts of it on my plants. 100%better than what it was before it was big huge clumps of hair balls.....my question is what are these white things and what do i do to rid them? my fish are healthy and my water tests are all good and in the clear. please helppppp:facepalm::banghead::facepalm::banghead::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::thanks:

Here is one of petrified wood and one of driftwood

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1419217617707.jpg
    1419217617707.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 1419217660609.jpg
    1419217660609.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 79
**** I guess they're not going to hatch in freshwater and it sounds pretty hard to remove them

**** I guess they're not going to hatch in freshwater and it sounds pretty hard to remove them

Yep, pretty much. I've never seen quite soo many eggs before.

Mine lay tons of eggs in my tank. I just ignore them. I had to ask what they were when I first noticed mine too. Better to ask and be safe than sorry! :)

Mine lay tons of eggs in my tank. I just ignore them. I had to ask what they were when I first noticed mine too. Better to ask and be safe than sorry! :)

If you just leave them there how long do they stay there before going away? Do they go away cause I was reading they don't really dissolve or anything unless you scrape them...

Oh sorry, they stay there for a long time. Maybe a month or so. Its really hard to get every last one and you need a scraper of some sort. Or you can just ignore them.

Back
Top Bottom