a stocking challenge anyone? kinda need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TenaciousTriggerFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have a little half gallon tank just sitting round the house would love to put a tiny something in it... have at it guys :D

TenaciousTriggerFish said:
never done invertabrets... preferably a fish maybe i dont know anything bout how to do shrimp..

Shrimp aren't too hard. Just make sure the filter can't suck up the shrimp, and keep the parameters in check. I'd have to agree with absolutangel04, RCS would probably be the best option for that tank, although there are tons of cute glass fish that'd love to live in there;)

Shrimp aren't too hard. Just make sure the filter can't suck up the shrimp, and keep the parameters in check. I'd have to agree with absolutangel04, RCS would probably be the best option for that tank, although there are tons of cute glass fish that'd love to live in there;)
no filter....... no nothing... except i will be lighting it...

I would personally add a few RCS or Ghost shrimp . In my tank I have a colony of 10 anamo shrimp. HTH :)

i have a little half gallon tank just sitting round the house would love to put a tiny something in it... have at it guys :D

IMO that's too small for anything other than a live plant.

I have to agree.

I like the RCS idea, but no filter, no heater but a lightbulb? Go with the plant.

i dont mean to sound childish but i would be bored to death with just a plant what about (please dont shoot me if u dis-agree lolz) a small comet goldfish then once her reaches like 1.5 inches i could move him or something? i have a 20 and a fifty gallon long that woukld love it

Don't want to be rude but comet goldfish will be stunted in that small a tank. IMO they belong in ponds. I you add a plant one or two Rcs would be okay but I don't recommend it. I'm saying they will survive but be far from thriving.

I don't know how to take care of shrimp... Idk what to feed em... Idk what RCS look like! And idk how to keep tank clean with them... I use sand what if I had some of it put of water and kept a fidler crab? But again idk what to feed or anything else...

I agree that under the conditions you've layed out, keeping anything in a tank that size isn't a good plan.

Shrimp are easy to care for. They can be fed blanched veggies or algae wafers. And only need a small pwc a week. Google them for more info.

Here a pic of a cherry shrimp.

image-2122930825.jpg

Shrimp I suppose. You could do snails but they aren't entertaining

::update::
What about a one gallon bowl?? Maybe 2 little tetras and 2-3 ghost shrimp??

Still to much for a 1 gallon, shrimp could work not tetras

Still to much for a 1 gallon, shrimp could work not tetras

I agree IMO you need to go to a 5 gallon if you want more than some shrimp or snails. You could do a 2.5 with a betta though if you want a fish in something small.

Back
Top Bottom