AA Trip to the Baltimore Aquarium!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to send in my deposit, and I really appreciate the work being done to get this thing organized!

FF - Kaya has, um, changed, since you updated your avatar.... must be something in the water? :wink:

I'm working with DTurtles on this here trip thingy!

I am working on something with the National AQ staff/media relations, a "behind the scenes" tour. It is FAR from a sure thing so that's all I have to say about that right now. Several of you are bringing your kids, that may present a problem obtaining this type of tour. However, I'll go on record as saying I'd MUCH rather see people there with families and just have us all get the standard look at the place, then exclude anyone on the basis of children.

I don't want to promise something I can't come through on, so don't count on anything besides the standard look right now. I'll be back in contact with them on Wednesday, 3/16, hopefully have more to report after that.

As of yet, no deposit is required, but you are all on the honor system that you will:
a) show up if you've committed to coming, and
b) have your $$ CASH, ready when you get there. You will mess me up if you want to pay with a check or credit/debit card, please don't tick me off! :wink:

Edit/add on: May 21st is FIRM at this point. The date will NOT be changed.

Hats off to you Corvuscorax! (I didn't know the Aquarium was a cash only business).

Some members (such as yours truly) are planning to make it a two day affair rather than rushing in for one day (travel delays would absolutely kill timing). So, browsing through the available hotels/motels and such is probably a good idea for anyone planning something similiar.

Here are some links for those interested:

http://www.hotels.com/process_searc...Baltimore,+MD,+USA|1&PSRC=G38&SSRC=&MSRC=null
http://www.orbitz.com/App/PerformDa...nd&semsource=goog&semkeyword=baltimore+hotels

Some good deals can be found.

The AQ is not cash only, but I'm thinking if we get the group rate, they will want a single payment to cover the whole group. I'm reasonably certain I will be putting that up, and y'all pay me back. I don't take credit cards! I'll take a check if it's a MUST, but would rather not deal with that.

If cash is a problem for ANYONE, please PM me, we'll work something out. I don't want my preferences to keep anyone from coming.

Important!!! I've never organized anything like this in my entire life. If any of you notice me me coming up with stupid ideas, or making obvious blunders, let me know!

You won't hurt my feelings, I'd rather know ahead of time if I have a bad idea, or if something can be done better than what I've mentioned.

Thanks all,

Paul (I think this is the first time I've put my real name out on the main board!)

Edit/addition: as posted earlier, the Aquarium does require 75 bucks as a deposit, I have that covered, don't worry about it.

Figuring out each family's money will be fun, the kid's rate is cheaper than the group rate, and I'm math-lexic! Oh boy, funfunfun! :lol:

Important!!! I've never organized anything like this in my entire life. If any of you notice me me coming up with stupid ideas, or making obvious blunders, let me know!

For someone who claims they have no expertise in this area, you seem to be doing a fine job

You may want to keep a spreadsheet...helps with the math...LOL If you need some help there, PM me.

As far as figuring out whom everyone is I can suggest if you are one of teh folks who happen to have some AA apparel that you could wear that on the day so we can spot each other.

I'll be ordering a cap or shirt by then. Good idea.

And might I might add a shameless plug (of my very own - ya'll know me :oops: ) for us all to get some gear to wear that day. Can you imagine how we'd be "representing" (as the kids say) this fine organization? A bunch of us with AA apparel on. :wink: And not to mention finding each other.

Am I pushin' it? :? Don't want to go too far w/that if I shouldn't. Just got kinda excited about that vision of us all.

Thanks Jchillin! I may take you up on that offer.
Did you like the term "math-lexic"? I just invented it!

The "wear your AA.com gear" is a good idea, austinsdad. I finally went and ordered some stuff (was dissapointed to see there were no hats available, but not really complaining). You aren't pushin' it, it's a good idea. making it a requirement, now that would be pushin' it!

Hope you like it. I havent seen the jersey in person. Most folks I have heard from say the articles are top notch.

:? Oh shoot. You people are shaming me into wanting to commit to this thing. I know it's going to be a blast. How many NYers will be driving down?

I alrady checked the price on Amtrak. You'd be better off flying. It's almost $350 RT per person. If I go, I'll drive it.

Wow! I can't wait till May!

So you all know, I'm working on sending out a few PM's soon, just to verify that you ARE coming, and how many people exactly will be in your party.

Please respond as soon as you can, so we can get a full headcount in. If your number is still unknown, also please tell me as soon as possible.

I'm also working on finding some restaurant information for you crabbers. :wink:

As Paul said, any questions or comments, please PM myself, or him. :D

Daniel and I are in - that's 2 people.

I will see what I can do about AA apparrell....you don't really sell my color, lol. maybe i'll have daniel wear an AA shirt or hat...

I just made hotel reservations, so I guess I'm definitely going! :D
I'm driving down on Friday evening and will be staying at the Best Western off I95 until Sunday. I'm hoping some of you will be remain in the Inner Harbor area on Saturday nite. On Sunday, I'm thinking of visiting a grad school friend who lives just north of Baltimore. Can't wait! 8)

Thats excellent. We will be making a weekend trip out of the weekend but we wont be staying in the baltmore area. My parents live about 40 min outside of the city so we will be staying there Sat night.

I would like to stay at the Inner Harbor if I come. Anyone suggest someplace nice?

Also I'll be making the trip solo as Tara works on Saturdays. I'm thinking that on Sunday I'll drive up to Philly and spend the day with a sister. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom