Aaaw geez! Kitten at my door... The most expensive cat EVER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just at my daughters bed time, I hear a cat crying. At first I thought it was one of mine stuck out in the garage or in a cabinet or something. Its happened before. NO, no, its a little grey kitten crying its head off outside my kitchen door. Naturally I pick it up and as its being so very thin I bring it in. BIG mistake. My older male cat proceeds to FREAK out and starts attacking ME!! He actually drew blood on my ankle. I got the kitten into my garage with some food, water, blanket and a cat box. I can NOT keep this little guy. I went and put up a sign at the mailbox and I will walk around tomorrow to see if I can find his home, or Any home really. And I am totally scared of my sweet sweet Rufus (My big male cat) He was Screaming at me after the kitten was gone from the house even.
BAH! what a mess!!

Thank goodness you gave the poor little thing some food and water. Hope you find his home or another home for him soon!

Find a local foster group in your area.
Someone will take the kitten in, socialize it, get it healthy and take it to adoption places and find it a great home. Since it is not kitten season, the kitty will get adopted quickly. I suggest going that route because people will have to pay a high fee to adopt the kitten which means they most likely really want it (as opposed to just taking a free kitten because its free)

I called feline friends but naturally I can't get a hold of anyone. I was going to walk around the neighborhood to see if one of my neighbors will take him in, but he really needs to see a vet. He is sooo thin and I think he has a cold in his eyes. Rufus has somewhat forgiven me for the time being, but if I don't find a place for the kitten by tonight, I am moving him from my garage to the office. I wish I could keep him :(

Weeeel, I made him a vet appointment for later today, his eyes don't look right to me. AND my husband wants to keep him. I don't know. Do we NEED 5 cats??!! Any way, I took some pictures

Awwww so pretty!!

Well, Zags has 6 cats and another member at ww.felineadvice.com has 12

Cats are pretty easy to take care of, too

Zagz said:
Keep him,keep him,keep him!!!! :multi: :multi: :multi:
:roll: WEEEL I don't want to say Yes for sure yet, the very idea of having 5 cats... :uhoh: :shocked!:
BUT, I took him to the vets and they are keeping him overnight. He is very dehydrated, he now has the runs, and his temp was 104. They are going to put him on an IV and give him some antibiotics. :( Poor kitty. This is going to cost us a pretty penny and I don't like to sink that kind of money into something to just give it away. But Im NOT saying yes...yet :twisted:

Also, he did test negative for feline leukemia, "whew"

I just talked to the vets again. His temp. went down this morning and then back up again. They may want to keep him another night. I asked how much the bill was at this point.. $230.00!!! :tgv:

What the Heck am I gonna DO?? I told them I can't afford to keep him there another night, and they said to call back at 4 and if his temp is the same or goes down again, I can come get him. :eyes: I don't want to tell my husband how much this is costing. Needless to say, we are keeping the darn thing, whether I want to or not!!

Sorry to hear about the vet bill but I believe fate brought him to your door to get him help. I believe despite the cost,it was meant to be! Good luck!

I got to bring him home. :D He does look a little better now that he is hydrated. But the poor thing cant stand to be left alone. He just cries and cries. My other cats are not happy.

It will take time but it will work out. I honestly believe it was meant to be this way. I know it is hard when the poor little thing cries, but no matter what he is far better off with you than where he was. I am so glad he is doing a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom