Aaron's 10 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have a 10 gallon tank cycling right now. Not sure what I should put in there. Here's my parameters for now. And the tank.

image-2038997604.jpg

image-4096640633.jpg

I don't think so. I wanna have a shell dweller tank. But I'm gonna need to use some PH buffers cause the driftwood and my water is not hard enough for them

But plants are a pain the butt. I kinda like bare looking tanks lol

cichlids are beautiful fish. I especially like the Christmas fulu's (I think that is the name) they get way too big for a 10g though. What are some of the names of the kinds you want? I don't know a lot of about any of them besides Oscars. :)

brennae said:
cichlids are beautiful fish. I especially like the Christmas fulu's (I think that is the name) they get way too big for a 10g though. What are some of the names of the kinds you want? I don't know a lot of about any of them besides Oscars. :)

Well shell dwellers are rift lake cichlids from Africa. As most African cichlids come from lake Malawi these come from lake Tanyanika (don't think spelled that right). These guys are really interesting and fun to watch.

And the the Christmas haps are beautiful btw

Ok I got it now. A long time ago before easy internet access I had some small cichlids in a tank. it was 29g I think and I just relied on the knowledge of people at Petsmart. The cats got into the tank and you can guess the rest. I know more now and can look things up easier and get the latest info off the net and from forums like this one. SO many times now I go into those box stores and the employees know less than I do! HA!

brennae said:
Ok I got it now. A long time ago before easy internet access I had some small cichlids in a tank. it was 29g I think and I just relied on the knowledge of people at Petsmart. The cats got into the tank and you can guess the rest. I know more now and can look things up easier and get the latest info off the net and from forums like this one. SO many times now I go into those box stores and the employees know less than I do! HA!

I know right? We get sooo much good info from so many legit aquarists. I love this forum

Yeah I'm really glad I joined. I've learne a lot in a short time and have been able to pass a little bit of that on to others.

Back
Top Bottom