About myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dd.shazy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My name is shahzad. I am not a big invester in the fish hobby. Lower middle class man just to keep up with life. But still managed to setup a 20 ltr tank with some freshwater fishes in it. I started with 2 gold fishes and a betta as the local fishes seller encouraged me to do so. My betta killed my gold fishes and have got quiet a few other combinations and now i have 2 koi 2 Blue gourami 4 tiger barbs and a redcap fish. And in a separate bowl i have kept my full moon betta. Am not a pro with this hobby and would need some help every so often. Hope u guus will support. Thank you.

Hello, nice to see your fish pride. I have to tell you that you are very overstocked and your Betta in that small bowl is heartbreaking. I suggest you do some reading about your fish and recommendations on tank sizes for them and consider upgrading your tank or rehoming your fish. Perhaps just the Betta in the tank.

Are you sure it's a 20Liter ? That's only 5gallons.

20Liters is perfect for one Betta.

Koi need Ponds or at least 40g (151Liters) a fish. Plus cool water.

Red Cap ? Fancy Goldfish ? They need at least 20g (76L) a fish and even that isn't ideal.

Gouramis are not good with each other, they tend to fight. To keep 2 together, I'd recommend a 55g tank minimum. (208Liters).

Tiger Barbs are nippy and need large groups. 6-8 or more. Very active. Min tank size ? 29g (110L).

I know it's frustrating starting out, esp when you lose fish.

Please read up on your fish and verify our recommendations. Most shops will just sell you anything.

Even if your tank is 200L it is overstocked. Large fish need room to grow.

Koi can get 24" or more.

Fancy Goldfish 6-8"

Blue Gouramis 5-6"

Tiger Barbs 3" with a huge attitude

This is my Betta in his 5.5g tank. Filtered and heated to 80°F with live plants.
IMG_3704.jpg
This was my old Betta in his 10g. All live plants. He lived 6yrs
IMG_0190.jpg

This is my 55g
IMG_3840.jpgIMG_3865.jpgIMG_2620.jpg

Back
Top Bottom