acans ans sps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sniperhank

Giant Clam Addict
Ok, so i have 3 acans and 2 sps coming from reefs2go today. I have a crappy track record with them surviving. Just looking for additional advice on getting them happily settled into my tank, if any.

Theyll be temp acclimated and placed into the sandbed with my radions off. Radions are running on either 50 or 60% power currently. Planning on keeping the acans in the sandbed in my lower flow area and moving the sps up a level in a week where my flow is stronger. Sound good? Just dont want them to die like my last ones.

I always drip acclimate for an hour to stabilize before adding them to the tank. How are yours doing now?

Acans I just glue to LR on the lower level in an area of lower flow, but that can change if I inadvertently move a ph during tank maintenance, so far so good on the Acan front.

SPS I also keep lower in the tank, but it depends on how much light they need. Mid to lower tank would be normal.

sps lower in the tank? What kind of lighting are you running?

So far things are doing really well. I thought the birds nest was going to be a loss, but the polyps are out so I'm hopeful.

Back
Top Bottom