Accosting people in the LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may don a skirt and matching shoes for a sec.. I can kinda see it from the other point of view too, sometimes it's just creepy.

Flirting is such a part of being human. I think all men and women enjoy being both the flirter and flirtee. It's actually a great indicator of someones social and people skills. It also speaks volumes about self confidence.
I couldn't have said it better myself!

Atari, go back to your side now and leave the skirt and shoes!!

Sometimes when people see a person that they think they like or want to flirt with they can do it unconsciously and don't notice how strong they come on. It is a part of being human, and human's interaction. But some people are aware of what they are doing and do it too much and unnecessarily strong.

Some men (and very, very occassionally, some women) enjoy IMPOSING. Imposing and flirting are not interchangeable. When a person backs away, tries to terminate an exchange, looks uncomfortable, appears uneasy...a person merely flirting person can see these clues and back off. A person who is getting a charge out of imposing will disregard these clues and press on, often seeming to enjoy the discomfort he is causing.

Sometimes when an imposing person is explicitly told to back off, the imposing person will act like he wasn't doing anything at all, or pretend he was merely flirting. At the juncture, a woman being imposed upon is likely to be called...names.

Flirting's great. Having a person socially and physically crowd you is scary and exhausting. Whether the person is 'hot' or not. Scary is not hot.

Exactly julicat. People can flirt without saying a word. We are more intune with body language than anything else. So someones discomfort should come across instantly. It goes with being socially adept. :wink:

I tell you what...I am sooo glad I picked up saltwater aquariums as a hobby. Nearly every time I go to my LFS there is at least one hot babe, usually more, wandering around. They are mostly with boyfriends, which isn't altogether a bad sign...maybe my drought will be over soon. I'm too shy to strike up a conversation. I would probably just pull a "Stan" all over the front of her.

Maybe the ladies could help me out here...Is there something inherently sexy about a guy who has a saltwater aquarium. Are there groupies for this sort of thing?

:wink:

:D I'm biting my tongue here dicjones, but this thread has been sufficiently high jacked so what the heck.......... Let's see if any of the ladies here will back me up on this one?

Saltwater groupies......you'd do better with a cute puppy. *LOL* IMO, what most women find most attractive about a man is quiet confidence and self assuredness. When that same quality goes in the other direction, eg. boostful, arrogant, loud to rude, it has just the opposite effect. Makes almost no difference what the man looks like.

Gee...can't imagine what store that must have been....
At my fav LFS of course!! (but as it turns out, there are two two floor LFS in Calgary) See you at the CAS meeting!

BrianNY said:
Saltwater groupies......you'd do better with a cute puppy.
Yes, grab a cute puppy!!
BrianNY said:
what most women find most attractive about a man is quiet confidence and self assuredness.
You just described Trevor to a "T"!! :lol:

How many woman does this Trevor guy have in the palm of his hand...seems to me he needs to write a book...so I can buy it!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom