Actinic led strips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markodeniro

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys anyone had any experience with led actinic strip lighting? I'm thinking of sticking some to the underside of my hood I currently have a white t5. Is it worth getting this strip light or more beneficial to buy proper LEDs?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Are you looking to supplement or add moonlighting to the setup? It could be beneficial to supplement with LEDs, but you'd have to shop around for what would work for the system. I'm not aware of any that are made with only blue spectrum of lighting as to what you are referring, though I have done minor reading about such combos.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have blue light as moon light in range of 465nm but I want actinic which is 420nm? I want my corals to look uv

Well how many bulbs are in your T5HO unit? You could get the same result by looking into bulbs like ATI's Blue+ and Aquablue special. They are quality T5HO bulbs that coral do really well under.

I've used some cheap leds over my predator tank but they just don't glow as good as the good ones but for that tank there working fine my macro's are growing so I"ll just keep my mouth shut before I jinx myself lol

Not sure what your tank size is but I have a 90g with a Tek T5 fixture that I attached a 48" Reefbrite Blue LED bar to. It makes the corals look like they are neon under an UV light (like those posters in the 70s).

Not sure what your tank size is but I have a 90g with a Tek T5 fixture that I attached a 48" Reefbrite Blue LED bar to. It makes the corals look like they are neon under an UV light (like those posters in the 70s).

That's wicked exactly what I'm after where did you get the strip from? I only have a 20G with 1 T5 White and a blue moon led strip. I'm going for cheaper option whilst I wait to move and get a 80G

My LFS sells them but I actually got mine off of Amazon for a little less $$.

Back
Top Bottom