Active Sponge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have used Dr Tim's Ammonia Solution to start my tank, and have also used Dr Tim's One and Only Beneficial Bacteria....to seed the filter media. I highly recommend both of these when doing a FISHLESS cycle. Both found on Amazon, and they are the only thing I had used. No problems at all..... highly recommended!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Thank you for the info!

If your gonna go with sand get this stuffIMAG3372.jpg you will not even have to cycle your tank. It's got the packs of bb with it you add right to your tank. Cycled within a day. It also comes with the conditioner. ?[emoji6]

Second time's a charm right?
Emptied and refilled the tank. Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0 and managed to get my ph down to 7.4 from 8.2! Thanks to everyone who tried to help me solve the mystery.

That's a huge swing in pH. Our tap here is 7.6-7.8 , I assume yours is also consistent to a degree . How did you modify it? Did you have leaching rocks that you removed from tank? Did you add leaves into filter?
I hope you didn't use those "phdown" products (although for now it's not an issue since no fish...)

ADD
pH is a complicated thing, much better to have it less then ideal but consistent , then constantly fluctuating. Living things adapt eventually to consistent environment. There is even a local discus and apisto breeders here that use hard water (and the picky discuss really really likes things soft)

That's a huge swing in pH. Our tap here is 7.6-7.8 , I assume yours is also consistent to a degree . How did you modify it? Did you have leaching rocks that you removed from tank? Did you add leaves into filter?
I hope you didn't use those "phdown" products (although for now it's not an issue since no fish...)
I got a PUR water filter that you add on to the faucet. It takes 5 minuets to fill a 2.5 gallon bucket but it works! lol I'll have to wait till next Monday to order the Angel bio filters but throwing in fish food for the moment. No more janitorial ammonia for me!

Back
Top Bottom