Add one more to the collection...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
got a 30G today with a full hood. Not in GREAT condition but it was only 40 bucks and they delivered it. SO my plan is to trade my 59G just the tank to a local reef keeper for...

Plant substrate, a bunch of rock, Heater, Emperor 280 power filter with bio wheel, and 80 bucks. Plus he is going to rebrace, cover and paint my current stand to accomidate the 30G.

I am thinking of stocking it with 3-4 Silver Dollars to begin with. Anyone have experience with these?

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+836+2522&pcatid=2522

i don't understand. you're giving a bigger tank away because you got a smaller tank? ummm i don't think you get how this works. lol :clown:

i don't have any xp with sliver dollars but don't they get really big?

Some of us keep going for bigger tanks and you downsize??? I'm with fisheggs on this one, you need a refresher course in MTS *lol*

But back to the question. From my understanding silver dollars get about 5 inches or so.

I've downsized on many occasions. Last year I sold my 150g, 125g and 120g tanks.. However.. If your looking into Silver dollars the 59g was not big enough, you especially shouldn't downsize. I'd say a 75g would work for a small school of silver dollars.

Why the heck does liveaquaria say tank size 30G then...

I am down sizing cause I live in a apartment and the 30 is as big as I can have. When I get a house i want to do a large reef setup but for now I would rather have a operating system rather than look at a empty 58 in the way.

Why the heck does liveaquaria say tank size 30G then...

because most fish stores or websites list incorrect tank needs. It makes good business sense--If you tell everyone that silver dollars need a 75 gallon tank, very few people will buy them because very few people have space (like you) for a 75 gallon aquarium. So you tell them they only need a 30 gallon, and more people will buy them thinking they can meet thier needs. Im not saying thats the exact reason this happens, im just saying it makes sense. You could probably fit one in a 30g, but I wouldnt recommend it as this is a schooling fish and prefer company

Plus I plan on planting the tank also. So they would probably eat the plants from what i read.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom