Added sand to my 20 gal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenn27

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There is still some improvements pending (have some plastic plants I'm gonna add in a few days), BUT I wanted to show you guys my 20 gal after I added sand to it. It's our Goldie tank!

Our fat Goldies and baby pleco! :fish1:
1jq4w8.jpg

Sand always looks great in tanks,I definitely prefer it to rock substrate...a little piece of advice as my sister is finding out with a similar size tank & fish is that they require tons of pwc's as the tank is borderline only large enough for only one of the fish..(base tank tank size on mature size of fish when selecting fish for aquariums)as for the pleco itself has a huge bioload&looks to be a common pleco which will in a short while definitely out grow the tank&can reach lengths of 12+inches...Moore Goldfish are great..

Also it looks like there is no hiding places for the Pleco and it needs wood to chew on.

Goldfish: first one needs 20g min. Each additional 10g or more. So two Fancies should be in a 29 or better yet even larger.

Common Pleco needs a pond or very large tank.

For now, LARGE water changes. Perhaps add a second filter. There are a few live plants that the GF might not eat.

Also I agree, I like sand. You may want to put a sponge over your intake to keep sand out of your filter.

Make sure decor is smooth as Fancy GF may hurt themselves on rough edges.

Back
Top Bottom