Addidtion to 20 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yaggey

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have a clown pleco, 2 otos, 2 apple snails and a featherfin catfish that I will move into a bigger tank right away. Kind of a boring tank, bought it used and was filthy so these cleaned it up great.

Thoughts on some additions?

Maybe a Betta with something else? Bolivian ram? Ideally something cool.

A pair of rams would work. I'd definitely do a small school of tetras though! Maybe some cardinals? Or some neons? I have a school of over 30 mixed and they are really a sight to see.

TotallyCoral said:
A pair of rams would work. I'd definitely do a small school of tetras though! Maybe some cardinals? Or some neons? I have a school of over 30 mixed and they are really a sight to see.

Yes I would suggest rams as well. But the only thing is if you're not experienced they can be very sensitive

I agree with the rams. That's what I did with my 20H, it looked great with two German Blue Rams. Only catch is they are pretty sensitive. If you're interested look them up and do some research first.

Rams can be sensitive so they really need an established tank and lots of plants and rocks. Maybe a couple of sparkling gourami or you could do a ton of micro fish like galaxy rasboras or chili rasboras. If you want breeding I would say endler livebearers. All these guys only get to about 3/4 to an inch long so that being said if you had adequate filtration you could do say 2 schools of 8 add some cherry shrimp and a couple horned nerite snails. I would also suggest planting the tank as it helps mimic the natural habitat where most fish live.

Back
Top Bottom