Adding Cleaner shrimp to tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Massimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my tank has been set up since august, I currently have 4 fish, maroon clown, orchid Dottyback, flame angel and a lyritail anthias. They are all doing very well. I have corals, mostly lps.

My tank is a 45 gallon (36x24x12) it's a shallow reef! :)

My questions are, how many cleaner shrimp can I add? I would like to add 2, would my bioload increase? Would there be any territorial problems, should I add them at the same time? Thanks :)

2 is fine, no territory or bioload issues. You can add at the same or different times

As bribo12 said, they'll get along fine. I found that mine was "curious" when added, and would go exploring all over the tank (and the fish) for a few days. Don't stress out if it looks like they're climbing all over everyone and everything...that's their job :)

They are fun to watch, my kids love mine.

That's good to hear! I'm worried about them getting sucked into my powerheads. They are very strong powerheads. Since my tank is barebottom I need a lot of flow. I have 2 jebao wp-10s. One on full blast and one on alternating full blast. Would the shrimp get sucked in?

They shouldn't I have an mp10 on reef crest at 60% and my shrimp doesn't care

Alright cool. I'll look for one at my Lfs. What do they usually go for where you guys come from? I'm in MTL canada and stuff here is pretty pricey because of the shipping costs of livestock

I paid $80 for a small flame angel :(... So expensive here in canada

Haha I was about to say that's an awesome price for the cleaner. Flames usually go for $50 around me

My LFS has great sales and their livestock is gorgeous.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom