Adding more cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fryer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi just a bit of advise I've currently got a 53 gallon aquarium that's 4 foot next month I'll changing to a new 4x2x2 which will be 125 gallons roughly looking to maybe add a few more fish to the set up looked at the apistogramma cacatuoides to add this is my currently stock

4 angel's 3-4 inches currently
2 electric blue rams
13 cardinal tetra's
13 rummynose tetra's
5 black corys
2 albino corys
6 sterbai corys
1 black ghost knife fish 5 inch roughly
3 dwarf gourami (not fust on them tbh)

Could I add an apistogramma cacatuoides in that set up?

Hi just a bit of advise I've currently got a 53 gallon aquarium that's 4 foot next month I'll changing to a new 4x2x2 which will be 125 gallons roughly looking to maybe add a few more fish to the set up looked at the apistogramma cacatuoides to add this is my currently stock

4 angel's 3-4 inches currently
2 electric blue rams
13 cardinal tetra's
13 rummynose tetra's
5 black corys
2 albino corys
6 sterbai corys
1 black ghost knife fish 5 inch roughly
3 dwarf gourami (not fust on them tbh)

Could I add an apistogramma cacatuoides in that set up?

You are pretty well stocked imo, plus would remove the black ghost knife fish. They are predatory and require at least a 200 gallon tank if not more.

He's been fine hasn't shown any aggression to the other fish the angels on the other had are more predatory than him when adding smaller fish. Given the choice I'd swap the gourami out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's been fine hasn't shown any aggression to the other fish the angels on the other had are more predatory than him when adding smaller fish. Given the choice I'd swap the gourami out

They grow to like a foot and a half, will eventually be unable to turn around in your tank. And at that size even your rams are edible. They are one of the few fish that produce their own electric current for searching for fish, way more dangerous than a cichlids keen sense of smell. And even if you removed it still have a feeling your overstocked in your current tank.

Would have thought u could add more than that many fish in a 400 litre aquarium running a fx6

Back
Top Bottom