Adding New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseynewton

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 90 gallon planted tank. Currently have two schools of Tetras. Cardinals, and Rummy Nose, They are doing well. I just recently purchased five Discus. They are skittish. Very shy because of the new environment and introduction for first time to other fish.

Would anyone offer recommendations to make them feel more comfortable? Anyone deal with discus before with similar situation? How long did it take them to be completely comfortable with new environment? Thanks for any help!

caseynewton said:
I have a 90 gallon planted tank. Currently have two schools of Tetras. Cardinals, and Rummy Nose, They are doing well. I just recently purchased five Discus. They are skittish. Very shy because of the new environment and introduction for first time to other fish.

Would anyone offer recommendations to make them feel more comfortable? Anyone deal with discus before with similar situation? How long did it take them to be completely comfortable with new environment? Thanks for any help!

I've not had discus but my rummynose were that way... They probably just need more time and they'll come around. As long as the other fish are swimming around and the discus know there isn't any danger they should brave up... IMO but like I said I've never had discus :) hope I helped some ...

Back
Top Bottom