Adding plants to a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lot of plants don't usually affect the fish. Most fish like to hide/spawn/swim around in plants. Having real plants makes the fish feel more at home. Also, with live plants, you can usually add more fish than you could if you didn't have live plants.

How would I do that without having to move and drain the tank? Thanks

You can get a cheap stick on black background at a lfs. Some people choose to paint the back but that requires you to move the tank. The ones you get at fish stores don't usually require you to move the tank. Unless you can't reach behind the tank to stick it on.

I've got dark brown fabric behind one tank and black behind another. You can use laminated cardboard to try out the color. I like stuff I can move in case I need to search the tank.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there anything solid I can slide behind the tank and secure to it or wedge it between the frame pieces. Thanks

Paint a piece of plywood or plexiglass put it behind your tank.

I might just forget about the Val's for now and just get a background

I was super creative on my background setup. Went to local craft store and bought 3 prices of construction paper for $1.29. Already had leftover double sided tape that comes in the window plastic junk for the winter.

I've used metal duct tape on my nano. The silver looks neat but the air bubbles look like crap.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I want something replaceable without leaving a mess on my tank but thanks

Back
Top Bottom