Adding plants to tanks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JasonC

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi folks,

just got a plant w/ a *ton* of snails & eggs on it who I really dont want in my tank. I seem to remember seeing something about a bleach dip that I could use to kill them off? what would the process be for that? Or does anyone else have any methods for cleaning off a plant pre-insertion into a tank?

thanks!

I normally just running it under water and rub/pick everything off, might be a little longer and more work, but I prefer it better then the thought of using bleach.

Dilute to approximately 5% strength or so. Not an exact science. Usually its about 1 part bleach to 19 parts water. Just don't leave it in for more than 2 minutes otherwise your plants will suffer. Or just manually remove them as best as you can. My clown loach loves snails. Gl.

Thanks Gunz. worked like a charm... at least for the live ones... we'll see soon if the eggs got destroyed too. Quite amazing how many snails were left in the water when I pulled the plant! yeesh!

Back
Top Bottom