Additions to my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mustangmp96

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was thinking of adding a couple new fish to my tank and am looking for suggestions. I have a 36 gal bow front, currently stocked with two Angels, four Swordtails, five Corys, and a Black Mystery Snail. Any suggestions for additions? Or am I stocked on this tank? I appreciate any advise in advance.

That depends on how good your filter is. I think there are a few options that would be behaviorly compatable, but adding more stock depends on how good our filter is and what your water parameters are. :)

Ammonia and Nitrite are minuscule, Nitrate has never been a problem. Don't really pa much attention to pH or hardness.

Well, if you add more you will probably have to up the water changes honestly. Even miniscule ammounts of ammo/trites isn't something you want to see becaiuse it may get higher if you add more. That said, is there anything in particular you have in mind? I think you could add a bnp maybe, or else a Bolivian ram or keyhole cichlid. I wouldn't add too much more in case it pushes your parameters too much.

I agree with absoluteangel, up the water changes and monitor the parameters more cosely if you do add more stock. I would add another cory, and maybe another snail or two

Thank you both, sounds like the consensus is that I'm pretty close too capacity. I'll have to think on it as to wether I get something else.

Back
Top Bottom