ADF has cloudy eyes & white nose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ebeck

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My African dwarf frog’s eyes have become completely fogged. I’m sure he’s blind at this point :(. I have looked all over the internet and found nothing on what to do. Most sources say there’s nothing that can be done.

Today I noticed a white patch on his nose. Not sure if it’s cause for concern or if I’m just being paranoid. He’s acting normal and still eats like he’s never been fed.

I have a 10 gallon tank with 3 ADFs, 5 tetras, & a few snails. They all have plenty of room and seem happy in the tank. The other two frogs seem perfectly fine, although today I noticed the tiniest dots on the eyes of one. Again, not even sure if it means anything.

I’m so frustrated with the lack of info online. Please help :(

Sounds like it could be ammonia. Do some pwc. Is there muck in the substrate? Could it use a vac?

Is the tank cycled? Have you changed the substrate or filter oads/ media recently?

Getting the water quality in perfect order would be a good start for the little guy to help recovery.

For more information on the nitrification cycle a good article link is in the last line of my signature.

What type/brand Filter do you have?

Look the water surface of your tank but upside down, check for coloration or oiled substances in the surface

Sounds like it could be ammonia. Do some pwc. Is there muck in the substrate? Could it use a vac?

Is the tank cycled? Have you changed the substrate or filter oads/ media recently?

Getting the water quality in perfect order would be a good start for the little guy to help recovery.

For more information on the nitrification cycle a good article link is in the last line of my signature.

What type/brand Filter do you have?
Thank you for your reply,

I did a water change/ substrate vacuum about three days ago and tested the water with strips. He’s been showing signs for a couple weeks now.

I have a Marineland Bio Wheel Penguin filter.

The tank should have been cycled before this last water change. I’m still new to these finicky details.

He probably has cloudy eye from you not cleaning his tank enough treat it and clean the tank.

Back
Top Bottom