Adf help, por favor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Uy! My frog is upside down. She's been swimming around and resting on her back at the bottom. Does this happen when the water is too warm? Our thermostat had been messed up; someone hit a button and it was programmed to heat up during the day. Why else might she be like this? :(

image-317860559.jpg

She has also always been the skinny one, although I've tried to feed her more, recently. She is still swimming around but upside down at the bottom.

Have you tested lately? Also, do you have any hide-outs for your frogs? What kind of decor do you have? Also, do you know the temp of your water?

I have not tested, I don't have anything to test the water with. I know that's a big problem, but I haven't gotten it yet. The other frog does seen fine though, and the water is clear.

Well, I'll admit that swimming around upside down isn't normal and doesn't sound good, but don't panic just yet. She may just be stressed.

I would recommend you get one o those little decorations that are hollow on the inside, someplace for them to hide out. They really new that. Also, I would recommend you upgrade to a larger tank. Right now, one of the major stores is sellin tanks for $1/ gallon. You could get you a 10 gallon tank for $10. Having a little more water will help control their environment a lot better.

Ok. I think that's a good idea, I'll find out which store is doing that. I was warned against getting them a hideout somewhere online, but that was just, well, somewhere online. I'll go to the little store near my house and get a water testing kit.

That would be really good. Hard to know if there i a problem with water or just an unhealthy frog. How long have you had them?

That sounds about right. I think a little cover may help, but its hard to know for sure. Is any of you existing decor rough or pointy? They are very delicate and can hurt themselves on the wrong decor.

Back
Top Bottom