Advice on 20gl stock for first time - is this OK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cormack12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey,

My tank is currently cycling and it won't be ready for a few weeks yet so I'm just looking at some fish and noting down which to order. However, it seems to get to the stage where one or two are possible conflicts and I'm getting a bit stressed trying to get a compatible community. I'm going for colour and movement if possible. Haven't had much luck on other forums so trying this one :) So I'm thinking of:

1 x bristlenose pleco
6 x lemon tetra
1 x red flame dwarf gourami

Changes I've gone through

4 x Black delta tail guppies - I've been told the tetras would nip these and 4 may put me overstocked. I thought these stayed near the top which would have been ideal really
2 x electric blue rams - I was told they stay near the bottom and I have conflicting advice on where the Dwarf Gourami likes to be (top/bottom). I don't want any trouble so figured I'll watch the Dwarf Gourami first. Possibly too big for the tank as well?

So ideally I don't want any breeding so single sex tank would be great, and I'm looking for something to just fill out the top or be a centrepiece as I think so far it is

-------------
### GAP ###
Tetras
DW Gourami
BN Pleco
--------------

Tank dimensions are 22 x 12.5 x 14 (inches) with an AquaClear 200 filter and 100W elemental heater

So over to you guys really.....:)

For a 30 I don't see a problem with having 4 male only guppies with your first group of fish. I don't think lemon tetras would be aggressive to the guppies. However any of the Rams do NOT need to be in a new tank. It would be overstocked with them and your listed stock. Rams needs tank settled in and established for at least a few months. Bolivian Rams are hardier than the Germans. OS.

Hey thanks for that, appreciate the thoughts. I'll hold off the rams then if they are that sensitive. I have enough to be getting on with anyway until the tank is cycled anyway :)

Honestly I wouldn't get rams your tank ideas sound great just getting close to maxing it with a Pleco since they are poop machines. But they are worth it a very cool fish! I think the male guppies will do great! I would add them first since guppies are pretty hardy of course do it after the cycling process:)! You could add more tetras to if you want I would do something like

1- BN Pleco
10- Lemon Tetra
1- Dwarf Gourami
4- Male Guppies

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom