Advice on cherry shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
moving shrimp to a new tank

Ok I am up for advice..What is a good, or the best way to move shrimp to a larger tank?

Is there a lot of stuff in the way ? Plants or decor ? If so, netting can a challenge. However, my preferred method to catch almost anything is to get a clean deli cup 32 oz size, or something similar and submerge that. Then I use a net or my hands to ''herd' the chosen into the cup. It is less stressful than being caught by net, I think. Just lift the cup, water, shrimp 'n all, and gently release it into whatever you're putting them into.
If there's too much water in the cup, simply tip some of it out.. as much as you need to, but keep a hand over the top to prevent jumping out.

I usually herd with a net, then transfer them into a small food storage container before removing the net from the tank. They tend to freak out when the net leaves the water. I also like using my Kordon Fish Catcher... its like the clear container with a long handle!

Back
Top Bottom