Aeration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragonfish21

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a ten gallon tank and a aqua-tech 5-15 power filter with cartidge and would that be fine for aeration or not? I am getting a dragon goby tommorow is there anything else I need?

Dragonfish21 said:
I have a ten gallon tank and a aqua-tech 5-15 power filter with cartidge and would that be fine for aeration or not? I am getting a dragon goby tommorow is there anything else I need?

Hello?

Dragon gobies are brackish.

I always keep air pumps on all my tanks, they will save all your fish one day.

Brackfish means that these kind of fish live in the areas where the rivers reach the ocean, in other words, the water in not completely fresh but kind of salty. But also is not marine water, some of these fish will turn fully to marine water when they become adults.

But I don't know about the dragon gobies.

Aeration is good.

What should I get for airation in a ten gallon while supporting 1 dragon goby

In my 10g guppy tank, I have a 5-15 pump attached to a long, thin airstone. Like a bubble wand thingy. I bleed off some of the air so it doesn't make the top frothy.

I keep dragon gobys. First of all a 10g is too small for them. They can get to be anywhere from 10-20 inches. They need to be kept in brackish conditions using salt for salt water aquariums not table salt of regular aquarium salt. The SG (specific gravity, measure of salinity) needs to be in the range of 1.005-1.015. We keep ours between 1.010 and 1.015. They also need places to hide and no decor that has rough or sharp edges. They are very sensitive to their water conditions so a properly cycled and maintained tank are a necessity. They will only eat regular fish foods like flake when they are starving. They do best on a diet of frozen or live foods. I feed ours frozen mysis shrimp, plankton, glass worms, blood worms etc. They also eat the fry from our mollies and any ghost shrimp fry. They also need hiding places, and no rough or sharp edged decor. Because they love to dig, sand is the best thing for them.

Dragon Goby,Gobioides broussonetti Profile, with care, maintenance requirements and breeding information for your tropical fish

I had a friend with a dragon goby in a ten gallon and he got it 4 yrs ago and its still going very well. Explain please

It is extremely happy and he hand feeds it and he never stops swimmin around

So if your friend kept his girlfriend in a small dog kennel, living in her own waste, without room to run, without proper care, you'd do the same thing?

Are you really so unconcerned about the proper care of a fish?

Good answer dragonfish.

Many oscars live in 55s, it doesn't mean it is good for them. What it does mean is that they are lucky that it isn't so bad that it killed them that fast. It doesn't mean they will grow to be 20 years old like oscars can achieve. It doesn't mean they will grow to be over 15" like oscars can achieve. It means that the 55 is at least good enough to not have killed them yet. Is your standard of quality 'good enough to not kill them yet'?

can you properly take care of it though? Do you have or plan on buying the needed supplies like a hydrometer or refractometer, salt, etc? Have you researched brackish aquariums enough to know what you're getting in to?

mfdrookie516 said:
can you properly take care of it though? Do you have or plan on buying the needed supplies like a hydrometer or refractometer, salt, etc? Have you researched brackish aquariums enough to know what you're getting in to?

It will be properly cycled, airpump with stone and filter.

Fishguy2727 said:
Good answer dragonfish.

Many oscars live in 55s, it doesn't mean it is good for them. What it does mean is that they are lucky that it isn't so bad that it killed them that fast. It doesn't mean they will grow to be 20 years old like oscars can achieve. It doesn't mean they will grow to be over 15" like oscars can achieve. It means that the 55 is at least good enough to not have killed them yet. Is your standard of quality 'good enough to not kill them yet'?

My standard is: to have them be as happy.as possible

I said nothing about cycling the tank... I figured we'd cross that bridge when we got there. I'm asking if you know what you're getting in to. It doesn't seem to me that you understand that this is a brackish fish that requires marine salt, mixing the water to the proper salinity, etc.

Back
Top Bottom