aeration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigmac1878

Aquarium Advice Activist
i was wondering if it is possible to have too much aeration in a tank. i have an 18g tank with 3 aerators. i don't have all of them on at the same time,1 at all times but sometimes 2 as they are illuminated as well and look pretty. i am actually going to take 1 out and give it to my sister.

You can have a many going as you want. It will not harm your fish. As long as they can deal with the extra current.

they have no probs with the current, they stay away from them, except for the white clouds, they like swimminng through the bubbles. they're mad as a bag of badgers.

it is simply a decision on asthetics. If you like it keep them in there. If you don't take 'em out.

I had a bubble disk in a tank with some Mollies. They loved swimming in the current right through the bubbles. Kind of like the initiation Nemo went through when he had to swim through the "Ring Of Fire".

It truly is based on "the look" more than anything else. The bubbles released will not allow oxygen to dissolve fast enough before they break on the surface. The bubbles breaking on the surface will provide surface agitation, which is usually covered by the filter.

Back
Top Bottom