African butterfly fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Satchel_Paige

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I was in my lfs looking for a new fish, something unique looking when I came across the African butterfly fish. In the week I've had it, it has become my favorite fish by far. I have it in a community tank but I enjoy it so much I'm considering setting up either a species specific tank, or a biotope tank. However, I'm finding conflicting information and was hoping to get some clearer answers here. If I do a species only tank, how many could I fit in a tank? I'm hoping to keep the tank at a 55 gallon, but if I do species only is there a shallower tank that would work better? Also I've read to have almost still water, but I've seen mine dive into the current my filter produces and glide the length of my tank, is mine just odd or am I mistaken on that? Lastly, I have water lettuce in the tank now, but I've read both to add plants and to not have floating plants, recommendations for either? Thanks much for the great advice as always1458609808172.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've only looked at getting these. Talking at the lfs I was just going to keep one as it was kind of an oddball fish. Plants from memory were good to have. As I had small tetras at the time I didn't purchase but may in future.

Back
Top Bottom