African Cichlid lighting???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdawg75

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 6 Peacocks and a BN pleco and generally just turn the tank light on for feeding and viewing. This is maybe a 1/2 hour or hour on long viewing days.
my question is.... Is there a certain amount of time you should have your tank light on? Ive read about keeping it on too long but what about not enough? is there such a thing? :huh:

I think lighting is for our viewing purposes only, as long as the tank does not sit in a dark basement and has a day/night cycle.

You do pretty much what I did when I had mbuna (I can't anymore cause I have plants in all my tanks). I would only turn the light on so I could watch them eat, or if somebody came over it would be on.

mfdrookie,

Exactly, lol and then I started thinking hmmm I wonder if I am supposed to leave it on after reading some posts. Everytime I think im good another question poses itself or something in the tank does something wierd and Ive gotta ask or read about it.
When I first started up , I was so worried about putting the heater with cord in the water (submerged) because everything in life told me ya don't put electrical cords in water. lol

Back
Top Bottom