African Cichlids and Zuccini Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually just went out and bought the spirulina plus (by Wardley). I mixed it with their pellets. Should I do this every feeding or occasionally? Also, I can't seem to find the crushed coral anywhere by me, anyone have a decent online price for a small amount?

I'd give them a bit of spirulina food with every feeding.

Usually PetsMart has crushed coral, or any aquarium store would, look in the SW section as it is most commonly used for substrate. It usually comes in a very heavy, large bag that lasts me quite a long time, and I have not seen it in small quantities. I am sure Bigalsonline.com or thatfishplace.com carry it, but likely in large bags.

I am not a fan of water additives to increase hardness or alkalinity, but if you are extremely consistent with your water changes and water treatment regimen then you ought to be able to use it. Once you get a bigger tank for these fellows consider a buffering substrate, like aragonite sand, buffering rocks, like Texas holey or other limestone rock, and that might be all you need.

Back
Top Bottom