African dwarf frog help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so I have a 5 gallon heavily planted tank, I have a betta, 5 ghost shrimp, and 2 African dwarf frogs, I wonder if just the leftover from the betta good is enough, are there any pellets sold at petsmart I can feed?
Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply

I'm prepared to spot feed, precise dropping I guess
Which would be better
Aqueon shrimp pellets
API bottom feeder shrimp pellets
Omega one shrimp pellets

We have frog pellets for ours. They also occasionally like the small bottom feeder wafers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

We (I work at petsmart) actually sell aquatic frog pellets in the reptile section ideal for African dwarf frogs. Frozen thawed blood worms are a great weekly treat, as are frozen thawed brine shrimp!

We (I work at petsmart) actually sell aquatic frog pellets in the reptile section ideal for African dwarf frogs. Frozen thawed blood worms are a great weekly treat, as are frozen thawed brine shrimp!

Mine love the pellets! And I only give bloodworms once a week.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have 3 in amongst loaches, shrimp etc and other than bloodworm they rarely look for food unless it floats past them. I think the bloodworm must smell the most as I was under the impression dwarf African frogs are nearly blind

That's true about the blindness. I have a syringe I use to put the food in front of them. A turkey baster works well too.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I used long tweezers at first then realised the fish were getting most of the worms. Now I chuck in a cube of frozen and by the time it defrosts, breaks up and sinks the frogs are out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom